- Ventilate rooms before you clean. Allow fresh air to circulate for at least X minutes. If possible, leave all windows open during the entire cleaning process.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after each cleaning. Use soap and water, and scrub for at least X seconds. If that’s not possible, use a hand sanitizer with at least X% alcohol.
- Stock up on paper towels, disinfectant wipes, and other disposable cleaning supplies. If you prefer to clean with reusable products, machine-wash them at the highest heat setting appropriate for the material.
- Clean, then disinfect. Cleaning is when you use soap or detergent and water to remove dirt, germs and impurities. Disinfecting refers to the use of chemicals like bleach or alcohol to kill germs. Doing both is the best way to reduce the spread of infection.
- Use the right disinfectant. Diluted household bleach solutions, cleaning products with at least X% alcohol, and most common disinfectants registered by the Environmental Protection Agency are believed to be effective against the coronavirus.
- Focus on frequently touched surfaces. Refrigerator touchpad, Light switches, doorknobs, remote controls, and faucet handles are just a few of the areas you’ll need to disinfect.
- Don’t forget about sofas, rugs, drapes, and other soft, porous surfaces. Carefully remove any visible dirt or grime, then use the appropriate cleaner for the material. If possible, machine-wash items according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Wash all linens at the highest heat setting recommended by the manufacturer. That includes bedsheets, mattress covers, hand and bath towels, kitchen towels, and blankets. Wear gloves when handling dirty laundry.
- Clean and disinfect laundry baskets and hampers. Consider using a liner that’s either disposable or machine washable.
- Empty the vacuum cleaner after every cleaning. Disinfect the vacuum cleaner, along with other cleaning appliances like the dishwasher and washing machine.
- Remember to check the expiration dates on your supplies. And never mix household bleach with ammonia or other cleaning solutions—doing so can release toxic gases.
- Please check the house for any new stains, scratches, marks, damage or missing items. Text photos and descriptions to me
- Ensure all lost and found items are left inside the supply closet in Garage
- Spot clean all walls where needed
- Check points of contact for dirt and stickiness- door handles/ light fixtures/ knobs/ plugs etc
- Clean the exterior of the Patio Doors and Windows in rotation as needed (about once per month)
- Clean front door and two patio doors especially around door handles, vacuum the front entrance doormat as needed. Please keep the front entrance door closed all time as the flies will get in the house if the door remains open
- Dust or wipe clean the outdoor table and chairs when there are food stains
- Pick up any found garbage or debris in the yard and around perimeter of property
BEDROOM X, X, and X
- Strip bedding (leave the duvet cover and mattress protector unless soiled) IF SOILED- pull off and find replacement in closet in garage/ wash the dirty laundry, wash the soiled duvet cover and protector
- Wash and change the duvet cover once a month
- Make bed
- Clean out closet- wipe or dust shelf, leave X blanket per person in each room/ push hangers together so they present neatly
- Wipe down drawers where needed, side tables, bench, and chair
- Windex Glass Surface such as windows and patio doors (inside & out)
- Check all lightbulbs for burn outs and notify me if when they need to be replaced
- Vacuum & Mop and including under bed frames and inside the closets
- Take Bathmat to laundry and leave a new one
BATHROOM X & X
- Check shampoo/ conditioner/ body wash/ hand soap, replace or replenish when needed
- Make sure there is an extra set of shampoo/conditioner, body wash, towels, and X toilet paper rolls in the closet in hallway
- Clean shower walls, doors, fixtures, and tub, wipe dry
- Remove Garbage and replace bag (bags in garage closet provided)
- Clean vanity, sink, mirror and inside cabinet, wipe dry
- Leave X bath towels, X hand towel and X small towels in the master bathroom, and X bath towels X hand towel and X small towels in the guest bathroom, leave X extra bath towels in the hallway closet
- Clean and disinfect toilet
- Leave X toilet paper roll on the fixture and one extra on the toilet tank
- Vacuum & Mop
- Wipe down light fixture
- Wash dishes
- Clean microwave inside & out
- Clean fridge (check temperature, make sure not building up with ice etc.) wipe clean inside and out especially the touchpad where guests touch frequently
- Clean Oven (inside & out) and leave on clean mode if needed (if you do please let me know so I may air out the home before check-in/ don't do for same-day cleanings unless absolutely necessary)
- Clean range hood, run self clean and wash the oil drip holder when needed
- Wipe down and organize spices
- Dump crumbs from toaster and wipe it down
- Make sure coffee bin is at least half full (extras in cabinet if needed)
- You may take or leave sealed perishables/ you may take or discard anything that is opened
- Clean and organize cabinets
- Check for dirty pots & pans, silverware, dishes, cups, etc. that may have been put away dirty and wash if neccessary
- Clean out drawers and organize utensils
- Empty Dishwasher and wipe down
- Fill dish soap to top if lower than half
- Wash sponge scrub pad and the pad plate, wipe dry and put it back on the sink left to the faucet
- Wash hand towel and leave a new one
- Sweep and Mop floor
UNDER KITCHEN SINK
- Check the supplies and water leaks, text me when needed
- Clean table and chairs, clean dish pads, wash table runner if necessary
- Wipe down light fixture
- Sweep and Mop
- Ensure remote for TV is in room, If not let me know
- Water the plants once a week
- Dust and wipe all furniture, hard surfaces, and décor
- Check all lightbulbs for burn outs (notify me as needed)
- Check to make sure patio door and curtains are clean
- Spot clean walls where needed
- Spot clean area rug for stains (if needed)
- Vacuum and mop all floors
- If sofa bed is used, replace the linen and put everything back to the storage in the sofa, slide the sofa bed back to its place.
Laundry Room (in the garage)
- Fold clean laundry and put them in the boxes, the table used for folding laundry should be dusted/wiped before using
- Wipe down machines inside the lid and on the exterior
- Empty Lint trap
- Vacuum the laundry area floor if needed
- Please do one last walk-through to check for anything that may have been missed or misplaced
- Check points of hand contact for dirt and stickiness- door handles/ light fixtures/ knobs/ plugs, etc
- Sweep garage floors and mop if there are any spills or stickiness
- Lock the door to garage and make sure all doors including the two patio doors are locked and windows are closed
- Close door and wipe down the door knob and door if dirty
- Ensure all lights (except exterior front door) are off
- Text me when the job is completed